La Gomera is a nice destination for families or single parents travelling with children. The green island is known to be very safe and offers a varied and exciting background for young and old alike.
Additionally, there are many organised activities to keep the litte ones amused and to impress the parents.
Adventures for Children
Children can let their imagination run wild as they play to their heart’s content in the Garajonay National Park. Taking a boat tour gives them the chance to experience dolphins and whales up close.
Forests, Donkeys, Dolphins, Beaches
Donkeys and horses lead them over old tracks into unknown areas and let their sense of discovery come out to play.
Idyllic and peaceful beaches with crystal clear waters invite them to splash and snorkel.
The island has unlimited possibilities to have an exciting, yet relaxing family holiday.
Popular spots for children on La Gomera
In Valle Gran Rey:
- child friendly restaurants and accommodation
- ice cream parlous
- rental of children’s bikes
- horse and donkey rides
- boat tours to see dolphins or sail around the island
- peaceful beach at the harbour Vueltas
- sea water swimming pool
- play park
In Playa Santiago:
- sandy beach
- boats in the harbour
- hikes through fantastic rainforest
- picnic and BBQ spots near mountain springs
- nature and play parks in the Laguna Grande