The locals tend to have the upper area of the valley of Valle Gran Rey to themselves. Steep cliffs border the traditional district, with it’s colourful gardens, luscious palm groves and productive spring.
The stylish terraced landscapes of the Valle Gran Rey show of their full beauty here. Luscious greenery and rural charm are the main attractions of this valley.
A Green Cultivated Landscape
For centuries, little terrace fields were built on the slopes and kept well-tended. Even if some lie fallow today, many are still cultivated for corn and potatoes.
Traditional fruits have always been cultivated here for domestic requirements.
The wild cana plant still grows in the picturesque Barrancobette at the bottom of the valley.
Far Away From All The Hustle And Bustle
Anyone looking to relax and for some typical Spanish ambience during their holiday will feel right at home in the idyllic districts of El Hornillo, Casa de la Seda, La Vizciana, Guada and El Retamal.
Hikers in particular, will find the ideal base here, for tours into the mountain world of La Gomera.
Beautiful accommodation can be found in this natural environment in the upper valley of the Valle Gran Rey.
Inviting apartments and studios in the upper Valle Gran Rey.
Spacious holiday houses, bungalows and villas in the upper Valle Gran Rey.
Pictures of the upper valley
More about Valle Gran Rey
Further information to Valle Gran Rey
- Pictures – Gain your first impressions of Valle Gran Rey
- Accommodation – Great variety in Valle Gran Rey
- Hotels – Find your resort in Valle Gran Rey
- Apartments – Something for everyone
- Holiday houses – Beautiful Casas in green Valle Gran Rey
- Beaches – The popular playas of Valle Gran Rey
- Places – Districts of the legendary Valle Gran Rey
Places of Valle Gran Rey
- La Playa – Holidays directly at the beach Playa de Valle Gran Rey
- La Puntilla – Great choice of Valle Gran Rey hotels & apartments
- La Calera – Impressive views & tradicional flair
- Vueltas – The harbour of Valle Gran Rey
- Borbalan – Holidays between bananas & oranges
- Upper Valley – The green villages of Valle Gran Rey